Saturday, October 28, 2006

There's something about that game.

There's a tradition when we get together with my dad, Karen, Jim, Todd, Charlie and Wendy. It's called Pond Scum. If you don't know the game, have me tell you about it sometime. What it does though is divides the players into classes. Theres a queen/king, royalty, merchants, peasants and the Pond Scum. I started out as Queen and stayed there tonight until my dad was the scum. We are forced to sit next to each other and he's forced to give me his two best cards. At one point I was moaning about my bad cards and dad pats me on the back and says don't worry queen, it'll be ok. I look him as deadpan as possible and say "Don't touch me". I thought he was going to fall off his chair. He has never laughed so hard at something I did in my whole life (or at least that I can remember). It was also fun to trade barbs with my two brothers who are totally hilarious. As I've said before in previous posts, sometimes there's nothing quite like family! ;)

No comments: