Sunday, October 22, 2006

There's nothing quite like family.

Since Paul's been gone since Friday afternoon, my stepmom invited me out to my cousins and Aunts to be a part of a fundraiser for diabetes. They had this huge catapult that they put pumpkins in and then let them fly and they smashed on the ground. It was so funny! Then my cousin, whose farm it is, took us on a hay ride. The kids loved it. It was a first for all three of them. After the hayride we went to my aunts church for supper. It was awesome. Then we hung out at my dad's house afterward. It was a great break for me and the kids really enjoyed it. I don't get to see my aunts and cousins very often and it was really great to hang out with them. They also had a really great time with the kids. I have a lot of family in the area and I realize I don't really spend enough time with them. It was a great fall day (the color is at it's peak) and it helped to get me to today when Paul comes home!

No comments: