Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A plumber I'm not....but

I'm also not helpless. We've been having trouble with our garbage disposal the last week so I decided to try and fix it. Well, I broke the pipe coming out of the disposal. No big deal right, just go to Lowe's and get another one. The only problem is all the men at Lowes' think I'm crazy for trying to fix this. Three different guys tried to help me and then when we got what I think I needed they said with a grin "Good luck". I don't need luck. What I do need is for those guys to use a less condesending tone!

I worked in a hardware store in Gobles when I was a teen and into my 20's. The guy who owned the store taught me some plumbing. The problem I have with those stores are they have so much stuff that I can't find what I'm looking for by myself so I need help. GRRRRRRR! I"m not willing to waste a bunch of time when they should know where it is.

Oh by the way, I also added coolant to Paul's truck and replaced a burnt out headlight in our Mercury. See I told you I'm not helpless. :)

No comments: