Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A simple trip to the store

It was a gorgeous day here in Michigan yesterday. It was one of those days where you have your windows open. I went and exercised and then went to pick up a few things at the store. Our Store has those cross walks with stop signs. I always go slow but have to admit I don't really come to a complete stop, I come to a complete pause. As I got to the first stop sign I did my usual pause and I hear this very angry voice yell "There's a stop sign there ya know!". I was startled and then shocked. An elderly lady was standing on the side of the road in front of the store. She wasn't in the crosswalk, she wasn't even close to crossing. Now to be yelled at in general is rattling but to be yelled at in Public by a stranger is just jarring. I hate to admit this but it ruined a perfectly good trip to the store without the children. I hate when I allow that to happen.

No comments: