Thursday, March 29, 2007

Relationships are the best and the saddest part of life

I'm a social gal. I like people and It charges me most of the time to be around people. I like to host people over at my house. I tend to invest a lot of time and effort into relationships. That means that when I get hurt in relationships or if a relationship gets broken it tends to break me. I've only had a few serious broken relationships. I guess part of the reason this is so hard for me is that I care and I believe I played some part in the brokenness. I have felt God pull me through these broken relationships if I allow him and I can move on until I run into a person that I have a broken relationship with. That happened this week. I care about this person and wanted to know how things were. It was a short conversation and I was hurt once it stopped. I wasn't hurt because of the way the person acted but was sad that I won't have a relationship with that person again. This makes me thankful for the relationships I have and helps me to push through the hurt of the lost ones that more than likely won't be restored. God made us to need each other and that means hurt comes along with it, like it or not. It's just the way it is.

No comments: