Monday, March 19, 2007

A Break and normalcy is good

It was a good weekend. Our friend Ann and her daughter took the kids Friday night and then to the museum on Sat. This gave us yet another date night and a sleep in morning. Oh how wonderful! Paul agreed to a chick flick Friday night and I worked out on Sat. Morning. I met my friend Jen who is getting married in June at Curves and then we went and had breakfast. It was really nice to just hang out and chat with a girlfriend for a while. I also bought a new pair of tennis shoes which was a much needed purchase. It was great to see the kids on Sat. night and to have them at home in their own beds Saturday night. I more and more realize that I'm a huge creature of habit. Even though the break is so great I like to get back to our routine. This week will be much slower and I'm thankful for that. On Sunday we went to the Park down the street and ran into a guy and his daughters that we use to go to church with. It was great to see his daughters and for him to meet Atticus. They are expecting again in may so we rejoiced with them. Their daughters are almost exactly the same age as our kids so they had a lot of fun together. It was pretty funny seeing the kids with their hats and winter coats sliding down the slide. I guess that's early spring in Michigan for ya.

No comments: