Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Oh the woes of Motherhood

What a couple of days it's been. I started to come down with a cold on Saturday. A day that was out with the girls for Lunch, facials and my first pedicure. I can tell you it won't be my last pedicure. What an awesome thing, although I felt pretty bad for the lady scrubbing on my feet! Anyway, we had church on Sunday and a bridal/couples shower at church in the evening. Then Monday morning rolls around and am I sick, with a head cold. It seems to me that whenever I'm sick the kids are on their worst behavior. None of them have totally come down with it but all show signs that they might. So I'm up in the middle of the night, not with one of the kids but with my pounding head and sore throat and I hear giggling coming from the kids bedroom. I figure Sebastian woke Alexandra uip with his banging and now they are giggling together. I ran up there to find Alexandra dead to the world asleep in her bed and Sebastian having a great time all by himself. But there's a familar smell that hits my nose, it's a full diaper and it can only be Sebastian. He giggles the whole time I change him and then he goes back to banging and then back to sleep. I'm tired and sick and it's really cold and snowy outside, plus it's only December. This is one of those days I have to remind myself that it won't be this way forever. And for that hope I praise God!

No comments: