Monday, January 25, 2010

What a day, what a day!

It started out like many others but it sure wasn't an ordinary day. Sebastian had an appointment with an orthopedic foot dr. With many of his physical delays have come balance issues. He should be able to stand on one foot for at least 5 seconds. He hasn't been able to do it. He's extremely flat footed and it seems when he runs that his ankle is not straight over his foot. He said he literally has no muscle tone in his feet. He took x-rays and what's really cool is that all the bones in his feet are not fully formed yet because he's five. He put inserts in his shoes and said he wants to see us in 2 weeks. He mentioned that he would be a candidate for an ankle implant but not now. Maybe in a year if the inserts don't work. So we got through that appointment, did some shopping and got some lunch. Came home, worked out, loaded the boys into the van to get Alexandra. Atticus was sleeping in the car while we were waiting. I hear him cough and he throws up all over himself. We get Alexandra and get him home. I thought maybe a fluke, I mean he seemed fine all day long. We picked her up at 3:30 PM. He vomited every 1/2 hour until 6:30 PM when he went to bed and has stayed there. I have a really hard time with vomiting. I mean who doesn't but when one of the kids is vomiting it's like I'm waiting for the next explosion. This is really like the first time he has struggled with vomiting in his young 3 year old life. The first time he was so disturbed, second time he seemed upset, after that just tired and pretty much ok with it. I was amazed. I mean for me vomiting is like one of the worst things that can happen, thank goodness he didn't inherit that quality from me. This video is how we finished our day, per Alexandra's request.

1 comment:

Pastor Charlie Grimes said...

I do remember those days! I spent some time practicing guitar with the girls too!