Saturday, February 20, 2010

Repairman, we don't need no repairman


So our HE washer has been not working on and off for about 3 months. It's only about 3 years old and it's been very, very frustrating for it to not work. It throws off my routine. Can't have that. So we took the panel off and ran a diagnostic test and found something wrong with the drain pump. There is a valve hooked up to the drain that we thought about taking off and seeing if something was clogging it. I had an inkling that maybe a kid sock was stuck in there but we weren't sure that was possible.

Well as you can see from the pics it's possible and it was clogging up the whole drain. I had to drain the water, which is the other pic and then pull out the plug and there was the sock and a lot of other things. I'm now running a rinse cycle and it seems to be running fine. Yahooo! I wouldn't recommend it but it worked for us. Oh and just for the record I didn't work on the washer until I unplugged it. :)

No comments: