Sunday, February 28, 2010

It happened one morning at breakfast


It was a typical Saturday morning. I was half asleep and the kids were wide awake. We're eating some cereal. Atticus says: Mom, how do I get Jesus in my heart?

My jaw dropped. I wasn't awake enough to really know how to respond. I found a few words finally: You pray and ask God to take over your life and then he'll be in your heart.

Atticus: Can I do that?

Me: Sure

Alexandra: I want to do it too.

I figured Paul would want to be apart of this so I told them that we could do it later. Last night at prayer time, Alexandra reminded me that we need to pray that special prayer. So Paul and I led them in a prayer to ask God to forgive them of their sins and be in charge of their life. It was quite a moment.

Today at church, Atticus had his hand up for a while during our intergenerational teaching. Paul and I wondered what he wanted. When he finally got the teachers attention, he told him that he gave Jesus his heart. Tears welled up in my eyes. It was so cool.

No comments: