Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A sad christmas card

Sometimes, I get a glimpse of thankfulness. It's like God says, Heather you think you have it bad but you really don't. I hate to say this is at someone else's expense. I have a friend who I worked with for a few years right after I got married. She was a great support to me as I was a newly married woman. She also got me into stamping and scrapbooking. I got a Chrismtas card from her today and her husband's name wasn't on the card. She gave an email in the card so I emailed her. I got an email back from her saying that her husband has fallen away from the Lord and then walked away from her and their two girls. She moved back to be with her family and the Lord blessed them with a great home. I cried when I read the email. I never thought they would be a couple that would get a divorce. Now, I don't know both sides of the story but it pains me what she and their girls have gone through. I've been there as a kid of divorce and it sucks. I pray that her and the kids would be healed of this and that her husband would find his way back to the Lord. It makes me thankful for my husband and his commitment to me and the kids. Thank you Lord for what you've given me and the man who is committed to me!

No comments: