Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh the wonderful world of Erbe's

A lot has been rattling around in my brain lately. The boys were sick this last week and I got it too. When you are in bed, you have a lot of time to think. I believe that although the decision to work part-time outside the home was a tough one, it was the best for me and our family. I'm liking what I'm doing and it charges me to be more productive with the kids. Alexandra has had a hard time adjusting to me not picking her up. I'm still doing afternoons at wayfm and that's going good. I'm enjoying using that gift. It gives me another good outlet. Every day I'm home in the afternoon with the kids. I've cut rest time to 1/2 hour for Alexandra and Sebastian so I can spend more time with them one on one. Atticus is still napping but I've cut it down to about 1 1/2 hours so that he'll go to bed better. We're finally getting into the new routine and the kids are doing good. I'm glad that I've never had the feeling that something is beneath me. I've also realized that the kids have taught me a lot in these last 5 years. They've taught me to be more patient and how to give more grace than I ever thought I could. I also don't mind interruptions as much. I mean come on with 3 kids 5 and under my life is one big interruption. I mean some days it takes me 20 minutes to do a sink full of dishes cause someone needs something or someone is hitting someone else. I've also grown to appreciate the little things, like a 5 year old who can carry her bowl to the sink without spilling it. I've gained so much from these three little people. I didn't realize it until I got back out in the world. I think that is pretty cool.

No comments: