Sunday, August 12, 2007

I've seen the writing on the wall and the poop on the floor

Yes you read that right with in a 18 hour period, Sebastian took a crayon to our wall in the living room and Atticus figured out how to take his diaper off and throw it and poop on the floor of MY bedroom. Paul and I were chatting at the kitchen table on Thursday night and we are oblivious to the fact that Sebastian is right around the corner with a purple crayon making his own "work of art" on the wall. I felt like I handled it pretty well and Paul held him while he helped me clean the wall up. He did a really good job and I gave him a high five at the end of the cleaning job. The next day Erin came and watched the kids like normal. I got back, went to check on Atticus up stairs. I start to smell the dirty diaper in the stairway. I look in the room, Atticus is sleeping like a little angel with poop all over the bed, the diaper on the floor along with more poop. Can you believe it? Alexandra did the same thing when she was just a little younger than him. I went back downstairs, took in some fresh air and then shared the horrible story with Erin. About an hour later, after I had cleaned up the mess and gave Atticus a bath, Erin came upstairs bearing a peach cobbler. It was so nice of her. She said she knew she had two options, she could come and help me clean it up or make a peach cobbler, so she made a peach cobbler. I can't blame her for that. It was so nice and thoughtful of her. This one goes down in the record book as a crazy 1/2 a day. What scares me is that with these two boys I'm sure it's going to get a whole lot worse! :)

No comments: