Thursday, March 04, 2010

I miss Dr. Haddock

When I was growing up, we saw the same dr. almost every time I went into the office. Whether is was for a yearly check up or for a sickness I saw Dr. Haddock. I grew to know what to expect. Although my mom might be able to tell you different, I even remember when my tonsils shrunk, he gave my mom the third degree. He demanded to know why he wasn't informed I had my tonsils out. My reason for reminiscing is that I'm a little tired of large dr. offices where no one really knows you. Atticus has been sick for about 4 days now and the last two days he's been sleeping for about 18 hours a day. I look in his eyes and I can tell he doesn't feel well. I'm not one to run to the dr. at every sneeze or sniffle. I hate to spend the money to have the dr. tell me it's just a virus. What's weird is that he's been very lethargic and hasn't been eating much. That's totally not my 3 year old boy. I get a lecture from the nurse at the dr.'s office that he probably just has a virus. If they knew me and knew my boy, they would know that he tends to have respiratory issues. He was in the NICU for 3 days after he was born with respiratory issues, he's had rsv, croup and has been on the brink of pneumonia. They don't know me and they don't know my child. If they did, they wouldn't be questioning me. Plus, I have a cold and so does Sebastian and I'm not rushing us to the dr. I'm just wishing for the old days where I was known by one Dr. and not unknown by a sea of medical professionals. I could be proven wrong when we do see a Dr. this afternoon and they determine if it's just a cold.

No comments: